Sunday, March 31, 2013

Envelopes stuffed with prayer

I had 15 envelopes in my mailbox waiting to be taken by the mailman Saturday. These envelopes got sorted at the post office and then each will be delivered to the address so carefully written on the outside of the envelope. A man or woman will pick up my envelope and deliver it to the administrator of a local Christian school. The administrator will open it, and give me a call saying they will recommend me. At least, that's what my prayers are.

Each envelope has my resume, a business card, and a letter requesting to be recommended as a tutor to the families in their school. I have stated that I understand that with every recommendation comes responsibility, so I would be happy to come in for an interview.

I'm praying that I will get at least a few recommendations, and at least 5 students, though 10 would be ideal. Because I know that many of you will be praying with me, I will let you know if I hear from any of the schools.

If this does go well, I intend to reach out to other Christian schools in the area. This may very well be the start to a successful tutoring career in this area. Again, that's what I'm praying for. It took a lot of time and effort to get everything done. Now that they're on their way, I'm praying that God will bless my efforts. I've sown seeds, let's pray them into blossom!

This makes me wonder what you're really working toward. I know I'm not the only one who has hope that things I do will bring forth fruit. If you let me know, I will pray! In fact, with your permission, I will post your prayer requests on next week's page. Let's get praying together for each other. God will surely bless!

I wrote this on Friday, and would like to add that I now have a student to tutor! The parent contacted me on Saturday and asked me to tutor 3 times a week till the end of the school year. I'll post more about this on Tuesday. Have a blessed week! Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment