Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trying a new church today

Today, I will be enjoying fellowship with a new group of people. I have researched as much as I can about the church, and now it is time to go visit. The nice thing is that it is only 5 miles away. Not much gas spent at all!

Many churches seem to give more rules than the Bible does. According to them, if you don't do everything they say you should, then you're not a good Christian. I believe it is the Holy Spirit's job to convict and lead people. Granted, there are rules and guidelines in the Bible, but those things that are not specifically outlined by God should not be outlined by an organization of men.

The problem is, most of those churches who do not have such rules and guidelines often do not hold well to what the Bible says either. Holding to the Bible is imperative. If they don't believe that the Bible is God's Word, and live accordingly, then the church isn't for me.

It would also be nice to see the church reach out so that even as a newcomer, I may enjoy the fellowship of the believers. Especially in this stage of my life, I really need to be surrounded by people who will remind me of God's goodness. I hope to find such a group of people at this church.

I did listen to a couple of the messages they have online, and I must say, they were convicting, uplifting, engaging, and made the passages applicable to today. I am excited to go to church today for the next sermon! That is an amazing thing to be able to say!

I pray that each of my readers will be compelled to go to church today for spiritual and social refreshment. God loves you! I'm excited to go to a place where everyone loves Him, too!

Have a wonderful and blessed Lord's day!

Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment