Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Overwhelmed, and it's a good thing!

Did you ever do something just to make things simpler, and it exploded beyond any potential you thought possible? Around 12 hours ago, I began this blog just to share updates and request lots of prayer. I knew, of course, that there were those who would be interested in praying and many who were trying hard to keep updated by watching for updates on a Facebook page. I was just trying to make it simple. I had humble motives.

I logged on just curious about how many people had seen my blog, figuring that maybe a third were praying for me. I was blown away as I saw "Page views: 108." Assuming that my theory of a third is true, that means that 36 people are praying for myself, my daughter, and for a safe future. I feel like celebrating! Thank you all, by the way, for making the page views an easy number to divide by three.

I do want to add a couple updates. I have been told to remain with my mom until it is deemed safe to return. Possibly around a month. I have also been told that it may be possible to get a divorce from my current state. Pray that it is so. In my original state, you need to go through counseling and have a period of separation before a divorce is granted. I applaud them for taking steps to save marriages! However, I just want this nightmare to be over. I want to hold my baby girl and know she is safe for the rest of her life! "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." (Prov. 13:12) I want that tree of life!

Unfortunately, there may be problems with getting a divorce here. The papery green kind of problem. In my original state, I was given free legal aid because of the situation. Locally, I do not know if this is possible. If it is not, then my only option is to return to get a divorce. In a case like this, I really do wish that green stuff grew on trees!

A commenter mentioned that I should start an anonymous email so people could contact me. I assure you that it's already been done: 4mychildbyhisgrace@gmail.com. If I send an email to you, it will say I'm Rebecca Paige. I'm not. I actually rather like "Just Me," but google said it's not considered a name. (Imagine that!) Therefore, my blog will be Just Me, and I will sign the emails as Just Me, but the email will say it's from Rebecca Paige. I hope that's not too confusing!

Please do keep up with the prayer requests on the right. That is, after all, my entire purpose of writing this blog. :)

Thank you all for the support and encouragement I am already receiving! It has been amazing to me to see God bless through this whole ordeal! I wish I could share everything He's working out, but that gets into personal things I don't know that I'll ever be able to share. Just know that I serve an amazing and true living God! He loves me, cares for me, and is evidently taking care of me every step of the way! I am trying to rest in His guiding care, but I keep looking at the waves. He is an incredible Father!!! Praise be to the God who leads, cares, and keeps me and my daughter safe! May my heart never wander in the confidence of His protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment