Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We're ok

When my daughter and I arrived at my mom's house, I had 2 suitcases, a stroller, and a car seat. I had brought one toy for her. The rest was all clothes, burp clothes, diapers, and some basic toiletries. Living out of a suitcase was easy. At first, my daughter and I slept on the floor. We had no where else to go. So many people have contributed to our comfort. It astounds me.

It used to be that 3 loads of laundry washed all of her clothes, all of my clothes, and all of our bedding. I am blessed to be able to say that it is no longer the case. Friends have shared clothes with me, both for my daughter and for myself. My mom bought several outfits for her, and continues to do so on occasion. And did I mention that friends share clothes? I have received boxes of clothes from people. It's been a blessing!

Shortly after we arrived, my mom bought a mattress for me, and a pack and play for my daughter. Because my daughter had been sleeping next to me for so long, it took time to "crib train" her, but as I type this, she is contentedly sleeping in her pack and play. She is such a cutie!

The other day, I put her in her pack and play to play while with her toys. As I set her down, I was overcome with how many she had. Her crib had various toys scattered on its floor, though the storage bag for her toys was not yet empty. Downstairs, she has several toys, including a walker, a swing, a play pen, and a few toys inside of that. It is astounding that we have come so far! It is owed mostly to generous hearts of friends and family. My sister-in-law has sent several items as her youngest son outgrows them. We have so many people looking out for us!

I am sitting in my bed, astounded that more than just our needs have been met. Sometimes, I look ahead in fear of the future. As I survey the blessings that fill our lives, I cannot help but rest in the knowledge that God will continue to provide. Perhaps He will even provide for our wants.

There is one thing in particular I would really like to have for my daughter, but it is far from a need. Yet, I cannot help but feel a deep desire to buy one for her. Please pray that God will provide this. I love seeing her eyes light up as she enjoys this particular item. I've looked for one at thrift stores, but there are none. Someone at church said she'd bring one to church 2 weeks ago, but she didn't. I feel almost guilty for desiring to provide this fun thing for my daughter when I should just be grateful that our needs are met so abundantly. Above all, I know that we truly are ok. The journey to safety is well on its way, and almost complete. I marvel at God's goodness, and as I do, a song from my childhood plays in my mind. I truly stand all amazed!



No comments:

Post a Comment