Friday, May 24, 2013

A look to the future

I went to a bookstore with a friend. I love books! My dream was always to have a library, and that dream still persists today. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but something caught my eye that I absolutely had to have! And it was on the bargain table!!! This treasure was only $10!!





There are many books on the market in which you can record the precious memories with your little one. This one I especially like because it begins with only  20 pages that I will have to fill out now, but it has 100 pages yet to go that cover from her first words through her teenage years, her marriage, and finally, her first child.

I was going to place a link where you could order it yourself, but after looking at susanbranch.com, ebay.com, and amazon.com, I determined the reason it was on the bargain shelf was because it was discontinued. It seems to have completely disappeared! I sincerely hope you can find one, because I love this book already!

It will especially help me to deal with all my anger about things in the past and things that are occurring now. I can flip through the pages and imagine when I will fill these empty pages. This book beckons me to dream of a future, and I am gladly and excitedly embracing this! I need to stop dwelling in the past, and I believe this will help by beckoning my gaze forward. Best of all, I will be able to write about the special moments that are occurring now! That will be so helpful to keep me from missing out on my daughter growing due to an incredible amount of grief and anger.

I praise God that He cares enough for me to lead me to such special treasures, and pray that He will guide me through my pain and a grief to a place of forgiveness and acceptance. I know that one day in the future, I will be able to look back and see God's mighty hand in my life. Until then, I am yet learning to trust as I look to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment