Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A difficult task

I am a freelance writer. I found the job through Elance.com. If there are some looking for a job you can do from home, I highly recommend looking there. For my particular job, I write articles for a blog. The publisher has asked me to write the most difficult thing I can imagine writing: Father's Day for a single mom. She wants me to write about the emotional difficulties of the day, my plans for how to celebrate Father's Day this year, and the plans for the years to come.

I dread completing this assignment. I have no clue what I'll do for Father's Day in the future, and taking writing about the emotional difficulties means that I'll have to take a long, hard look at just how hard the holiday will be.

Honestly, I've thought a lot about the future Father's Days. I can't decide whether to have my daughter make special things for him or if I should discourage an emotional attachment with the man I am seeking to protect her from. I suppose a big part of the decision will be determined by the custody arrangements.

The assignment is making me think ahead to something that I would otherwise avoid, and that is a good thing, though it is very difficult. I typically avoid thinking about difficult things, so this will give me an opportunity to carefully and prayerfully consider my options as I seek to make the wisest decisions.

If you would like to pray for me regarding these choices, I would appreciate it, and any advice will be prayed over and taken into consideration. As always, you can reach me at 4mychildbyhisgrace.gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment