Sunday, May 12, 2013

A day for mothers

I had thought out some possibilities for Mother's Day activities, but nothing set in stone, and God took the day and made it more wonderful than I could have imagined, beyond anything I could ask or even think. He's an amazing Father!

Today began with me waking up for no apparent reason at 6:30. That meant that I got only 4 hours of sleep, yet I wasn't tired. In fact, I was happy, and excited for my first Mother's Day. I got ready for church, woke my daughter, and headed to the grocery store to pick up some donuts for Sunday School. The donuts were my breakfast, and Sunday School was a delightful time of fellowshipping with like-minded people who are my age. In fact, it was so good that 5 of us decided to meet for lunch after church.

In the church service, God spoke to my heart as we studied how David didn't kill Saul, even when Saul was most vulnerable. I was reminded that even when others are being evil towards me, I ought to stand blameless before God. As I do so, God will surely bless. It is His to reward and punish. It is mine to be faithful to Him.

The friends from Sunday school and I met at a Chinese restaurant. We chatted and laughed for hours, while everyone played "pass the babies" with my daughter, and another couple's son. I needed the sweet, godly fellowship, and laughed so hard, I nearly cried. Have I mentioned that I love my church? It's because of people like these, who are willing to be godly friends when I need them so badly.

After lunch, I came home and offered to take my mom somewhere, but I fell asleep while feeding my daughter. She and I slept for at least 3 hours, and it was wonderful. I woke up and offered again to take my mom somewhere, but she was talking to her other children on the phone while attempting to finish a movie.

As I reflected on the day, I realized that I hadn't used a single dish, and therefore, had to do no housework on Mother's Day. I determined to keep up the trend, and ordered in pizza. I then proceeded to eat most of a large pizza in one sitting. I have 2 pieces left for breakfast, unless someone else eats them first, of course.

So, today, I spent time with friends, took a nap, had good food, did no housework, and even received flowers from my parents. It's been a wonderful day! The best part of the day was reveling in the idea that I am indeed a mom. It really is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment