Sunday, February 3, 2013

Abraham and I

God called Abram out of Ur. To where? Abram didn't know. For many years, Abraham didn't know where he was going, and just sought to follow God step by step, city by city. For much of his life, Abraham didn't have a proper home.

Here I am, following God's leading out of a bad situation. To where? I'm not really sure. For now, I am living in my mom's house and waiting for direction. I won't have a proper home for a while now.

My mom has been so gracious! I do wish I had another place to stay. Proverbs 25:17 states, "Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee." Unfortunately, our relationship is already beginning to strain. My plan had originally been to spend time with different family members after the divorce. That was not possible, so here I am. My mom and I worked hard to get a really strong relationship. I hope and pray that this does not change.

In the meantime, I am here waiting for the next move to make. I have a vivid understanding of that which Abraham and the Israelites went through. Waiting and waiting and waiting for the next place that still won't be home. Despite all the lies of Abraham and all the rebellion and lack of faith of this Israelites, I can't help but feel amazed by their ability to follow God and wait. And follow and wait yet again to go to another place that isn't home.

Home is amazing! It's the place you feel you belong, the place where you can completely be yourself without being a bother to others. Home... what a place! I really want it! The lawyer I spoke to weeks ago said "you're in a unique situation of not having a home." sigh. There's no place like home! Now if only I had ruby red slippers. Although, even ruby red slippers can't take me somewhere that doesn't exist. God will make it amazing when it gets there, I'm sure! I just have to keep having faith! Like the faith of Abraham.

No comments:

Post a Comment