Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Down and out, but good news first

First of all, in case you missed it, my sister got her restraining order! I will be sleeping much better at night with the knowledge that she is safe. So will she, by the way! That is hugely wonderful.

Secondly, please pardon two posts in one day.

Unfortunately, I'm down more now than I have been in a long time. Someone suggested I speak with the court about getting a court order to keep my husband away from my daughter unless he is supervised. I called, and they said that because he was in another state, a court order wasn't possible. They did give me the number for a legal advisor for a crisis center. The first question she asked me was if I was safe. I was so glad to be able to answer yes!

I've been thinking more and more that perhaps I should go back to state A to get things packed and sorted, and maybe even get a restraining order. I told the legal advisor about my situation and my plans. She strongly advised against going back to state A, and said her strong recommendation is to stay in state B. At any time he comes to visit, I can arrange for a court order. Until that time, I can't do anything. Because he is out of state, he couldn't appear in court, so the case would be dismissed.

I explained about my sister and the comments he's made about my daughter, and that's when she really began stressing to stay where I am and wait the 6 months to get a divorce.

I will be staying here, but I feel so helpless and defeated. So I have a question for all of you:
What do you do when you're down and out for a very good reason? How do you personally cope?

1 comment: