Saturday, February 9, 2013

Joy in simplicity

I currently live a life of simplicity, though not by choice. I am learning that I love a life of simplicity! For myself right now, I have only six outfits. My daughter had much more than that, but she is swiftly outgrowing her clothes, so she has only about 6 outfits as well. A sweetheart of a reader will be giving her more clothes, but for right now, all of my laundry gets done in 3 loads of laundry. Just three loads of laundry, and both of us have clean bedding, clothes. The burp rags, bibs and blankets are clean in that, too! It wasn't too long ago that three loads of laundry needed to be done every day, and I couldn't keep up with it all. I love the ease of throwing in just three loads each week and having clean... everything!

My days are spent writing here, on a few other blogs, and applications. I love to write, so this is a beautiful simplicity for me! For all of this, I can write around my daughter's schedule, which means while she is napping, I can get all my writing in! I'm hoping to be able to get more high-profile writing jobs. There's one I'm applying for that I'd write 2 articles a week and get paid $250/month. That's amazing, and you can pray that I get it, please!

I have the freedom of simplicity right now, and I never knew how amazing it really is to be so unencumbered with stuff! Don't get me wrong, I miss my things, but I am definitely planning on dejunking when my stuff gets here! After all this, I will likely consider more of my things "junk" than before.

The best part of my current simplicity is the unencumbered time I have to spend with my daughter in a safe place. God has provided a safe place right now. Please pray that He will occupy my mind, as it is so easy to use this time of simplicity to think about all that is wrong in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment