Monday, April 15, 2013

Friends who say hello

Life can be a lonely journey. I wonder how often we go through a day and think about a friend we have not talked to since___. I know for myself, it happens quite a bit, especially during this lonely stretch of my life. That is why I am so blessed to have friends who reach out and say hello. I am challenging myself to be the kind of friend who says hello!

I think it's time I stop merely thinking of these people from days and even years past, and actually do my best to reach out to them! I know that it will be a blessing to me, and beyond that, I believe it is one of the few ways I can reach out in my current circumstances and be a blessing to someone else. It doesn't cost anything but time to say hello, and right now, time is one of those precious commodities I actually have to spare.

My hope is that as others read this, they will determine to change as well, and challenge themselves to be a friend who says hello! I read a poem years ago that I must share here!

Smiling Is InfectiousAuthor Unknown
Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realized
I'd passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile,
then I realized its worth.
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!
This is my goal for the rest of April, just to share the joy that comes with serving God! I hope every reader has days filled with friendly calls and emails! As you read this, consider it a friendly hello from me to you, and pass it on to someone new.

No comments:

Post a Comment