Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The end is on the horizon

I am at the edge of yesterday, about to finally cross into tomorrow. The divorce papers are being prepared, and as long as my soon to be ex-husband doesn't pop up with any surprises, I should be turning in the completed papers by the end of the month.

I consider the old life I'm leaving behind, and the great fears I had while leaving. I can't help but praise the Lord who's carried me through. So many fears about what could happen, even warnings from people who care about how hard this would be. It's like the Lord lifted me out of a horrible situation and carried me on angel's wings to this safe mountain. Here, I once again feel much like Abraham. From this mountain, I can see the past and the trials I've come through. As I turn, I can also see the new life that awaits me.

I know you've all heard this before, but I found the perfect place! For real this time, I think. It's minutes from the best church in the world (for me, anyway.) It's within my budget and almost 1,000 square feet! I've already mapped out where I want my furniture when I get it. It's home, though I'm not there, and I don't know when I will be.

I am the fourth on a waiting list for a one-bedroom apartment. They say it's estimated that an apartment will open up in 60-90 days. But they have no news of anyone moving out, so your guess is as good as theirs. I'm hoping to have the divorce finalized before I move in.

I must admit that I'm relieved and excited to move on to this new life. I find myself sometimes looking longingly behind me to a marriage that was to last forever, but then I look closer and see the chaos, fear, and devastation. I'm glad to leave that life behind.

Please do continue to pray. There have been some in law enforcement that have told me to expect the unexpected. Essentially, it's not over until it's done. I won't stop praying until that time, and I ask that you do the same. Thank you all for the joy you've shared! I've made it this far due in part to your prayers. Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment