Friday, October 4, 2013

Obamacare: What to do???

There are certain things you're told to avoid in polite conversation: Finances, Religion, and Politics. I've already discussed the first two, so if I haven't scared you off yet, I'm sure this won't either. You're great for sticking around, by the way. I appreciate you. :)

Ok, so here's the shocking truth: I'm glad we have a government shutdown. I can almost hear the shocked intakes of breath and the bitter rage from those whose families are going without pay. Let me be clear that I feel for you. If you comment below, I'll be sure to pray extra prayers for you. And though this is a tiny offer, I'm also willing to send coupons. Feel free to email me at 4mychildbyhisgrace@gmail.com.

Now let me tell you why I'm glad the government shut down. The alternative sickens me. To accept Obamacare is to force health care down people's throats. I've read a multiplicity of times that Obamacare finally grants health care to everyone. The poor are finally covered! Nothing is ever free, and this health care plan is no exception.

I know several families who have gone without health care so they can put food on the table. Literally, it's a choice of eating or having health care. I may one day be forced with such a decision, and it may be a day sooner than I'd like to really consider. This health care bill would cause us greater heartache. It would force us to pay, even if we have no money. And if we don't pay for our own health care, we get fined.

Some of you are shaking your heads and calling foul. You're right. It's not exactly a fine. It would come out of our taxes. Supposedly, if it comes out of taxes, we won't feel it. But it's our money, and it's money families like yours are counting on to buy their kids clothes that fit, to fix the car, and to call the repair man, because the air conditioning broke last summer.

Another reason I'm against it is that health care costs across the board are rising! So, now these families are forced to pay more for something that they couldn't afford in the first place. This aspect of the dilemma reaches up from the lower class and grabs the ankles of those in the middle class. Many of you have likely received letters or emails describing how Obamacare will be affecting your policies. If you haven't, I encourage you to call your insurance provider and ask! Don't you want to know what's being forced down your throats?

And that's what I'm really nervous about! Despite all my research, I still don't know all the changes that will take place once this health care bill goes into affect. How deeply will it reach into my life? As Pelosi said, "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it." Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Is it any wonder that politicians (including Pelosi) are exempt??? I mean, I don't want this thing to apply to me, either!





So, what can we do about this? Many of us watch helplessly while congress and the senate are locked in a battle of the wills. But now is the time to speak up! I beg you to call your congressmen and senators and tell them that you do not want this! Remind your politicians that they represent you-- that's why they're called representatives, after all.

On a final note: I'm proud of Congress, and I'm tired of them being the dog that gets kicked in all this. Congress is trying to stand for what we as Americans desire, and has brought many proposals to the Senate, all of which have been denied. Before the government was shut down, Congress offered a proposal to table Obamacare for a month so the parties would have ample time to come to a compromise while avoiding a shutdown. The senate shut that proposal down, and the government followed shortly thereafter. Let's put the blame where it belongs!

Don't forget to call your representatives!



No comments:

Post a Comment